Follow @LindaJNance

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Me and my mother...a few years ago






Happy Mother's Day to all.  I am going to try to do something special.  I am going to share some poetry on my blog today that I wrote long ago.  I was just telling a friend that one of them, I made up the music and actually sang it to my children when they were young. I had a porch swing and I often would sit with the baby in my arms and as I sang my little song they quieted and slowly drifted off to sleep. Maybe it was the song but then again, it might have been the swinging motion of the porch swing. I like to think it was my song....lol      Someday I may find a way to make a youtube with the little song.  I sang it for my grandson when he was small too.  The words can be changed at one point...   Your momma she loves you and your daddy does too... or... Your grandma she loves you and grandpa does too....or Uncle Bob and Aunt Mary or anyone there for the little one.  I really wish I could still sing but those years are long gone.

For all of the mothers and grandmothers and those who were like mothers to others I wish you happy Mother's Day here and everywhere.  Everyday should be mother's day and father's day that we never forget to say "I love you."

Instead of me telling you about them I will hope you find somethings special in the words as they are.....

Mother’s Day


My Mother and Grandparents






 Momma have we told you our hearts are filled with love,
We are grateful we belong to you and thank the Lord above?
Always you have sacrificed and given us your best.
Many are the times you’ve worked, so hard to give us rest.
And when we’re sick you comfort, your love and strength uphold.
Many of the times you give happiness are thought of but untold.

Now we want to take the time and speak straight from the heart,
But to say in words just why we love you would only be a start.
How can words explain the warmth of your mother’s comforting arms,
Or the quiet way her strength somehow protects us from all harms?
Can you explain the love of a family in times of growing and strife?
Can you explain the bond that exists as we walk our paths through life?

Sometimes we don’t measure up to the children we should be
Your faith is unfailing and you show how you care through the love you’ve shown to me.








Baby Says To Grandma



Grandma, I want to say so much, but in words Mom has to write.

Try as I may, the words I can’t say, but they shine in my eyes so bright.

Let me tell what a Grandma is, to a child as small as me.

She means joy and laughter and good times all, and all the love there can be.

Grandma’s somehow never seem to mind when our bottoms become so full,

And always forgiving the little things done, we know we shouldn’t do.

Grandma’s feed us good things to eat, tasting so good we delight.

Somehow things always taste much better, when Grandma feeds each bite.

Grandma holds us so gently, as we lay our heads to rest.

Grandma manages to love us some more, even days when we are a pest.

Grandma will tell you and Mom will to, I’m good as I can be.

They can see the love and warmth in my heart as I know that they love me.

Grandma’s are great as all little ones know, but you’re the greatest by far.

Happy Mother’s Day to my Grandma I say

I love you just as you are.

Happy Mother’s Day to Grandma

I love you.

By
Linda J. Nance




Momma Says



Ask me all of your questions, I’ll tell you no lies.
Bring me all of your problems and I’ll help you get by.
Your Momma, she loves you, your daddy does too.
We’ll stand strong together what ever we do.

The Lord he did bless us when he gave us this child,
This sweet tiny baby so precious and mild
He answered our prayers with this baby so small
The joy we now have fill the hearts of us all.

So bring me all of your questions, I’ll tell you no lies.
Bring me all of your problems and I’ll help you get by.
Your Momma she loves you and your Daddy does too.
We’ll stand strong together what ever we do.

Now my baby is growing, and getting so tall,
And soon will be walking in no time at all.
A walking and talking and shout with glee,
That baby is special, especially to me.
I wrote this poem and made up a tune to sing it as a lullaby to my babies
By Linda J. Nance

No comments:

Post a Comment